Sunday, February 1, 2015

"Attachments bring worry; with the right choices and balance, they also bring added richness and a sense of belonging to the universe." 2:30 mantra, 7:50 contemplation.

Attachments bring worry; with the right choices and balance, they also bring added richness and a sense of belonging to the universe.  We are attached to our families.  They bring us fulfillment in helping each other and loving each other and nurturing each other.  However, they can be taken away at anytime by disaster, then we are left with a huge empty void into which we might collapse if we don't take care for them to not be the only thing that sustains us.  This lessons speaks to us that we  have a higher purpose than anything we are attached to, a purpose that does not have the risk of transiency. That is ourselves within.  That is the very definition of who we are.  If we don't have that, then we don't have existence. All else that we experience in our lives depends on our existence, on the selves that we are within.  For me have recently decided to make myself a priority and have two practices to nurture and protect it.  I have started writing to nurture myself. It pulls out from me who I am and what is important to me and affirms that what is important to me is independent of what is important to any one else at the most fundamental level.  Attachments to other people can drive some importance, but not fundamentally.  And as I realize more what is important to me and that it is important that I make what is important to me the priority among all that is important to me.  The other thing I've done is make exercise a priority. Life is about experience and experience happens through our bodies.  Therefore I need to maintain my body.  The first step I've chosen in that regard is to exercise. I am important, so it is important that I exercise.  I am the most important thing in my life, so I've made writing and exercise the most important things in my life.  I'm not always perfect about the discipline, but I am doing well, and that is what is important.  And it is a healing action for my self that I have decide and I act on me being the most important thing to me.  Amen.

You are the most important person in your world of experience.  You deserve that and have that right.  Live your life for the well-being of that person.

No comments:

Post a Comment