Saturday, February 7, 2015

"No one has any less or more right to be who they are." 2:30 mantra, 7:30 contemplation.

No one has any less or more right to be who they are.  I'm not sure I believe our actions define who we are.  They may be representative of our current state of mind.  I believe we are loving creatures who want to be happy and that our states of mind get clouded by defenses mechanisms in response to how we've been treated. I'm going on here and rationalizing.  I can't get socio and psychopaths out of my head.  There are people who cannot feel empathy.  Then, can they desire compassion and kindness, well-being, easing of burdens, growth of others and accept others?  I don't know.  I can only know about myself and project that on to others.  I should read up on social and psychopaths.  Of course, if I define how people can or can't be, then I am closing my mind to all the possibilities of how people can be.  I cannot allow the picture of myself and it's projection on to others be a generalization of others.  I can only say if you are like me, then maybe what is true for me is true for you.  I try to share what I have learned.  It may not apply to you as a unique and beautiful person different from myself.  Drink of it and decide for yourself if it is helpful or not on your path of life.  You have the right to be who you are and to be that person.  Being a murderer, a lover, a rapist, a giver describes your actions, they are not representations of who you are.   There is a question in my mind about what it means to be human.  If someone is hard wired to murder and they cannot be changed does that mean they are a person who's being is fundamentally one who harms others.  Can there be people who fundamentally have sin that cannot be overcome.  I don't know.  It is something to thing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment