Saturday, January 10, 2015

"Happiness comes most strongly from making others happy; making others happy is most effectively done through kindness and compassion; bestowing kindness and compassion upon others shows them how to achieve happiness for themselves." 6 minutes

It has to be selfish at some level.  If I want to be happy, then help others to be happy.  The selfishness is in my wanting to be happy.  Give of myself to others to help them be happy with the goal of making myself happy.  I can't do right things for the sake of being right.  Who decides what is right?  If it doesn't come from within, then it's somebody else.  Then, I'm not being me and that only can lead to suffering.  If it comes from within, then I must have a rationale for deciding what is right.  That rationale is closer to the reason for doing something than because it is right.  "Right" is a proxy for the rationale.  Ultimately, for me, it's about finding my place in the universe that gives me a sense of not being in conflict with the universe.  This is hard to verbalize.  The goal is to be in harmony with the universe.  I'm not sure exactly what that means in words.  It is something to contemplate.  Think about it today and beyond.  What is it that I want at my most fundamental level of being?  I know it is peace and calm or is peace and calm the result or what does peace and calm mean, what does it look like to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment