Friday, January 16, 2015

"We all live in and experience the same universe; we have different ways of describing the universe that works for each of us. The only objections I have to others' ways of describing it are those descriptions that condone or sanction devaluing, dehumanizing, hating or harming others." 7 minutes

This universe is a beautiful place.  When I am able to let go and flow with it, the peace and unity that I become gives me a feeling of satisfied connectedness with the universe.  I become part of the fabric of the universe and have a feeling of realization that that is how I am meant to be.  It is a rare and fleeting experience.  I don't even know if I've ever actually been in that state or if I'm imagining it as an extrapolation from some of the more calm and peaceful times in my life.  The bottom line is that have such an experience is experiencing the harmony of the universe and is something that everyone can experience.  It has nothing to do with describing the universe or beliefs about the universe.  I think at some level, many religions and belief system aspire to that experience.  I do believe that many models and descriptions block people from being able to reach that experience because of the division that is built in to those belief systems.  I think right vs. wrong can undermine being able to be there.  Wrongness by it's nature is a seed for anxiety and division.  If it is important to not be wrong, then that generates anxiety because we can never not be wrong because to be human is not just to be fallible, but to fail in practice even thought we desire not to fail, not to be wrong.  It also generates division because a belief system that has an inventory of things that are wrong, then there will be things in that inventory that others practice and believe are not wrong.  What follows then, is a belief that some others are wrong, i.e., belief system that judges the worthiness of one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment