Monday, January 26, 2015

"Happiness comes most strongly from making others happy." 2:15 mantra, 6:45 contemplation

Happiness comes most strongly from making others happy.  The words come from the Dalai Lama.  I first come up with the sentiment on my own sometime ago.  It's a little different, though, I don't think I've thought about it explicitly sense here from the DL.  In order to be happy, be at peace, find joy, etc. I must love others.  I'm think the sentiment I had may not be what feel today and my mind seems resistant to write down something I don't believe now but did in the past.  In order to be happy, I have to not try to make myself happy, but instead love others.  (There we go, I like it, italics for a statement that may not be what I believe now.)  To receive what I want I have to get it to others. At the top level that is saying don't worry about what I want, what my spiritual needs are.  Give to others and I will receive what I need by virtue of the giving.  Sacrifice myself for others to receive what I give them.  Something like that.  I feel like I'm not capturing well the thoughts I had a long time ago.  By letting go of trying to attain happiness for yourself, you will attain it in pursuit of happiness for others.  I like that way of putting.  God, you, want us to be happy.  It is through loving others, pursuing happiness for them that we will attain it.  But, that is not entirely true.  Love yourself, too. Be kind and compassionate.  So, that statement isn't as good as I thought it was.  Happiness is attained through the pursuit of happiness for all, so, love all you encounter including yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment