Friday, January 16, 2015

"We all live in and experience the same universe; we have different ways of describing the universe that works for each of us. The only objections I have to others' ways of describing it are those descriptions that condone or sanction devaluing, dehumanizing, hating or harming others." 7 minutes

I think all sin is some form of devaluing, dehumanizing, hating or harming others.  Unless a law or rule, secular, religious or otherwise stands against one of these actions, then it is not a sin to break it.  We all do sin, we all commit such acts against one another.  We cannot escape our egos and that leads us to sin.  There is nothing wrong with that.  It is just these things contribute to unhappiness.  We should not do them because they are wrong.  We should not do them if we want to find true happiness, peace and unity with the universe.  And, just as we all commit sin, we have it in us to be kind and compassion, i.e., loving towards others.  One of my past definitions of love was to help others survive, ease their burdens, accept them as they are.  I do devalue, dehumanize, hate and harm others.  I desire to ease their burdens, etc.  As I wish to be happy, I strive to align my soul with love.

Beyond 7. My old definition of love was to desire the well-being of another, desire to ease their burdens, desire for them to grow, accept and embrace others as they are.

Love desires the well-being of others, to ease their burdens, to grow and accepts, embraces and celebrates them as they are.

Sin devalues, dehumanizes, hates and harms others.
Love values, eases burdens, helps to grow and accepts others.  I do both.

No comments:

Post a Comment